Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 July 2013

God makes His dwelling among us



Leviticus 26:11-12 “I will set my tabernacle among you……  v12 I will walk among you and be your God and you shall be my people.“

This was written for the Israelites while they were on their tour of the wilderness. Revelation also speaks about God dwelling among us. The word I’m picking on here now is tabernacle. It means God is pitching his tent among us. He lives next to us, walk among us. There is just something you learn about this, when you live with 30something other people for a week…. In tents. You get to know them on a more personal way. You know what their pyjamas look like, and those who are picky about the food they eat and those who wake up early and those who struggle to get up early. You will wake up grumpy because your brother’s snoring kept you awake. The list can go on and on and on.  God knows even the things about us that those who live close to us don’t know or don’t pick up.  He knows what makes us sad, happy, what we sacrifice and what we could do and blah blah blah. He knows everything. We should continue to pursue to get to know God more personally too. And allow Him to push our personal limits. To go beyond what we say I can do, I’m willing to do, our comfort zones, and do what He asks us to do. Do not only hear what He says to us, but do it. 


1 comment: