Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 June 2023

Laying aside the weights which so easily entangles us - to run free the race God gave us

 I wrote this some years back, and only now posting this.   Yes, the remarks and the people that gave them are forgiven, but sometimes a reminder pops us and it still sting. Just a reminder to forgive again.   Whether the remarks were made intentionally or unintentionally, it does not matter.   And I am posting this... because maybe you received remarks that stung, about something that you believed were what you were supposed to do, and stopped doing it. Forgive and give it over to God. Leave it in His Hands, and do what He called you to do. 



Laying aside the weights which so easily entangles us - to run free the race God gave us


So there was me
living my life
Doing what is right
What God placed on my heart
perhaps it looked different that your job
Remarks and comments came my way
I would take the punch and brush it off
but in defense learned to hide
learned to accommodate your ignorance
started to bother what others would say
I knew in my heart I did what was right 
perhaps I have tripped up and messed up at times
fell down and bruised my knee
we all do...
but more comments came
that hurt
comments that humiliated me
and I learned to worry what others say
but carried on what i need to do
but had this heavy burden to bear
that was never meant to be carried
tears cried in secret that was never meant to be cried
We all have different roles to play
we all have different places to go
we all can only do so much, and not more
It came to a point where I was not in a good space
because this burden of caring what others thought of me
was just too much.
I had to ask myself
what happened to the girl that said
"I don't care what it takes, I don't care what they say"
Where is she? 
and I let go of the burden
I could not carry it anymore
and I let it go
and now I am free
free to serve where God placed me to serve
and not to worry about your comments
your rotten tomato thrown in my face
God will help you understand your place, and my place
and we should not compare each other's places
just serve your God
with the purpose He gave you


Riana Odendaal
October 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment