Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 October 2019

Cast the first stone - if you are without sin

So here we go
I'm being pulled and dragged by the arm 
the accusations against me is flying through the air
by those who claim to be white sheep
but really paint their outward appearance white
and deep inside is just as sinful as any other.
They believe themselves to be perfect.
We go this Man in town
we all believe to be a great Rabbi.
The guilt sit on my shoulders like a rock
even though I know I'm not the only guilty party
but my tongue has been cut to speak against the other. 
"Rabbi" this woman... the rest of their accusations drift past my ears
The compassion and mercy shines from His eyes
unlike the so-called religious leaders of the day.
The Rabbi tells them to cast the first stone
if they are without sin
as He know full-well what is going on in their hearts.
He bends down and scribble in the sand
one by one their guilty consciences let them walk away
their loud accusations against me ricocheted. 
The Rabbi soft voice speaks to my soul
"Woman, where are they? Have no one condemned you?"
No Rabbi, not even one.
"Neither do I. Go and sin no more."
Instantaneously the weight of guilt and judgment fell from my shoulders
as I walked away in this never-before- felt grace given to me
This Rabbi must be the Messiah we so long for
No one else can forgive sins
No one else knows what is going on behind religious masks
Except God. so this Rabbi must be the Messiah


(John 8:1-11) 

Riana Odendaal
October 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment